Last Updated: June 11, 2018
HELLO AND WELCOME!
We are Ostler & Rose Inc. (“Ostler & Rose”, “we,” “us,” or “our”), a holistic marketing and communications agency for health, wellness and medical service providers (“Services”).
Ostler & Rose is headquartered in Toronto and our Website is provided to you by us. If you are a resident of the European Union (“EU”), Ostler & Rose Inc. is the controller of your personal data for the purposes of the EU data protection legislation.
- WE COLLECT, USE, SHARE AND OTHERWISE PROCESS INFORMATION
- as necessary to provide the Website and fulfill what we promised in our Terms of Service which you can find here: https://ostlerandrose.com/termsofservice. For example, we cannot respond to your inquiry, if we do not collect your email address in our contact form;
- where you have consented to the processing of your information;
- where necessary to comply with a legal obligation, such as a court order or to exercise or defend legal claims;
- to protect your vital interests, or those of others, such as in the case of emergencies;
- where you have made the information public;
- where necessary in the public interest; and
- where necessary for the purposes of Ostler & Rose or a third party’s legitimate interests, such as those of our service providers and partners.
- OUR LEGITIMATE INTERESTS
The legitimate interests of Ostler & Rose and our third-party service providers and partners include:
- Providing and improving the Website. We do so as it is necessary to provide our Website to you, and to keep developing and improving the Website.
- To respond to your inquiries. If you would like to inquire about our Services, we need to be able to contact you and respond to you.
- Keeping the Website safe and secure. We do so as it is necessary to ensure the Website is secure, and to protect against fraud, spam and abuse, etc.
- INFORMATION THAT OSTLER & ROSE COLLECTS ABOUT YOU
When you use our Website, we collect various types of information about you. Some of this information like name and email address, can be used to identify you (“Personally Identifying Information” or “PII”), and some of this information, like activity and log data, cannot be used to identify you (“Non-Personally Identifying Information” or “Non-PII”).
The amount and type of Information we ask for depends on the nature of the interaction. Ostler & Rose will only collect such information as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of your requested interaction with Ostler & Rose.
We collect information in a few different ways, including information that you enter when you fill in our contact form.
Information you provide us
We collect information that you provide us, including:
- Contact form information: We collect information you provide us in our contact form. This allows us to provide a personalized response to you. If you do not want to provide us with any personally-identifying information, do not fill out our contact form.
- Communications: When you communicate with us (via email, etc.), we store a copy of your communications.
- Surveys and contests: If you choose to participate in any of our surveys, or promotions, we will collect the information you provide us at that time.
Such information is generally considered to be personally identifying information.
Information from third parties
We collect information that third parties provide us, including publicly available information, and information from our partners and service providers. The information we receive from these other platforms for may or may not be considered Personally Identifiable Information.
- Publicly available information: Ostler & Rose may collect information that you make available to the public, such as when you make an Instagram post about Ostler & Rose on your public Instagram page.
- Service Providers: We may receive information about you from our partners, service providers and retail affiliates. For example, Mailchimp may provide us with your updated email address.
Information automatically collected when you use the Website
We collect certain information automatically whenever you use the Website.
- Website activity: We collect information about your use of the Website, including your browsing activity, the webpages you view, the date and time of your visit, geographic location, etc.
- Device information: We also collect information that your device provides us in connection with your use of the Website, such as your device type, browser type, IP address, etc.
- Web Beacons/Pixel Tags. These are invisible tags placed on certain pages of our Website. When you access our Website, pixel tags generate a notice of that visit. They usually work in conjunction with cookies, registering when a particular computer visits a particular page. If you turn off cookies, the pixel tag will simply detect an anonymous website visit. We may use web beacons to recognize users and access traffic patterns.
- USE OF INFORMATION
In general, we use both Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information in order to administer, operate and provide the Website to you.
Here are some of the ways that we use your information:
How we use your Personally Identifiable Information
- trouble shooting technical issues that you encounter;
- to analyze, evaluate and improve the functionality and experience of our Website. For example, we use crash reporting to be able to fix issues promptly.
- to respond to inquiries when you contact us;
- to prevent fraud and to maintain a quality experience for our business purposes or legal reasons;
- to provide you with system or administrative messages relating to the Website;
- to send you information about your relationship or transactions with us;
- to send you marketing communications (where you have opted-in to receive such messages);
- to administer surveys, contents or promotions (to the extent that you have opted-in to participate in these).
How we use your Non-Personally Identifiable Information
- to analyze, evaluate and improve our Website functionality and experience. For example, we use crash reporting to be able to fix issues promptly and analytics to gain insight into what actions you are taking within the Website;
We may also de-identify or aggregate the information collected in connection with the Website, in ways that do not personally identify you. From time to time, we may use this aggregated Non-PII to perform statistical analyses of user behavior and demographics in order to measure the interest in the Ostler & Rose Services and use of our Website, or to publish trends such as number of website visits, etc.
Any use of your information that is incompatible with these uses will be disclosed to you in advance so that you may opt out of such uses at your discretion.
- SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
Ostler & Rose will not rent or sell your information to anyone.
We share your information in the following ways:
We cooperate with law enforcement inquiries and demands for information that are made under force of law. Therefore, we may disclose your information (a) to any governmental authority as part of an investigation to determine our compliance with any applicable law, rule, or regulation (including privacy laws, rules, and regulations), in accordance with the applicable law (b) in response to a court order, subpoena, discovery request, or other lawful judicial or administrative proceeding, in accordance with the applicable law (c) as otherwise required under any applicable law.
We may also disclose your information if we determine in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary or appropriate to protect the property rights of Ostler & Rose, third parties, yourself or the public at large.
Sale of Business
If Ostler & Rose becomes involved in a business merger, acquisition, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, dissolution or other similar transaction, we may share or transfer your information in connection with such transaction. If we do this, such disclosure will be subject to confidentiality arrangements that are typical of such transactions.
We do not share your information with third parties for promotional purposes unless you have opted-in to such disclosure. If you have opted-in to have your information shared, you may choose to opt-out from receiving further communications from any third party that is not our agent or service provider at any time by contacting the third-party directly.
- PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
Ostler & Rose strives to protect your information. We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures to safeguard your information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. For data transmission security, we use standard encryption protocols (SSL/HTTPS) for transmission of information. The encryption process protects your information by scrambling it before it is sent to and from us. Our hosting service providers for our database and application are reputable third-party hosting service providers whose privacy, security, transparency and industry-specific standards are best-in-class. Our systems and databases are backed up regularly to help protect your information in case of an incontrollable catastrophe.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the web and mobile applications and the internet and no storage of data can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to make all reasonable efforts to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you acknowledge that there is always some risk when transmitting information to us through the Website.
- DATA RETENTION
Information about you that is no longer necessary and relevant to provide our Services to you may be de-identified and aggregated with other non-personal data to provide insights which are commercially valuable to Ostler & Rose, such as statistics related to the use of the Website.
- MANAGING YOUR SETTINGS
Adjusting Email Preferences
If you originally subscribed or opted-in to receive newsletter communications from Ostler & Rose, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions contained at the bottom of each type of email.
You may correct, amend or update your information that is inaccurate at any time by contacting us at: email@example.com
Deleting Information and Accounts
You may request that your information is deleted by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org . Ostler & Rose will generally respond to your request within 10-14 business days.
- EU MEMBER RIGHTS
Read this is you live in the EU!
If you are habitually located in the European Union, you have the right to access, rectify, download or erase your information, as well as the right to restrict and object to certain processing of your information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited circumstances. We described these rights below:
Access and Porting
If you require access to or need to download a copy of your information, please contact us at: email@example.com. Ostler & Rose will generally respond to your request within 10-14 business days.
Correcting and Deleting
You can also rectify, restrict, limit or delete much of your information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ostler & Rose will generally respond to your request within 10-14 business days.
Where we process your information based on our legitimate interests explained above, or in the public interest, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is needed for legal reasons.
Where you have previously provided your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your information at any time. In certain cases, we may continue to process your information after you have withdrawn consent if we have a legal basis to do so or if your withdrawal of consent was limited to certain processing activities.
Should you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority.
We will respond to all requests that we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to verify your identify in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Website is hosted and operated from within the United States and Canada. If you are located outside of the United States or Canada and choose to use the Website or provide information to us, you acknowledge and understand that your information will be transferred, processed and stored in the United States or Canada, as it is necessary to provide the Website and our obligations to you under the Terms of Service.
The Website is not intended for individuals under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18 years of age. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 18 years of age, we will take appropriate steps to delete that information. If you become aware or believe that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us as at email@example.com
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS
Please feel free to send us comments, register a complaint, or ask questions about our Services. We may store your communications, including any personal information you include in them, so that we can effectively respond to you.
Links to Other Websites
Ostler & Rose Services may contain links to other websites on the internet maintained by third parties. Clicking on a link to a third party site will make you leave the Website and go to the site you requested. We cannot control the activities of third parties. Therefore, we cannot accept responsibility for any use of your information by such third parties, and we cannot guarantee that these third parties will adhere to the same privacy practices as Ostler & Rose. We encourage you to carefully review the privacy policies of any other service provider from whom you request services.